Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Fruit Pizza-Yums in my Tums!

When the summer arrives there are always parties to attend....wedding showers, baby showers, childrens parties, cookouts, Bible studies, etc. So I thought I would pass along a favorite recipe that I like to "cook" when headed to a get together. As many of you know, im not the best cook in the world, however I am learning everyday!!!! Who cant follow a recipe right? This one is from sweet little Paula Deen---dont worry I dont lick my fingers after touching the food like she does;-) Check out this easy recipe for FRUIT PIZZA.... trust me, if I say its easy, indeed it is!
The Ingredients:
"Pizza" Dough:1 package store bought sugar cookie dough.
Toppings: The fruit choices can vary to whatever you like...here are different options, you will see I didnt use all of these!
8 ounces softened cream cheese
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 large peach, sliced
1 large green apple, sliced
1 large orange, sliced
fresh strawberries, sliced
6 ounces fresh blueberries
6 ounces fresh raspberries
Now put it all together like this....

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Flatten cookie dough onto a 6-inch pizza pan. (Dont press it all the way to the edges because it will bake over the edge of the pizza sheet, learned this quickly) Bake until firm to touch, about 11 to 15 minutes then allow to Cool.
In a medium bowl, blend cream cheese and sugar.
Spread the baked cookie with the cream cheese mixture and decorate with sliced fruit.
Slice and Serve.


Pure Deliciousness! ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. YUM! I am so happy you reminded me of this.. I have a ton of fruit that I need to use.. So I am going to the grocery soon to get the cookie dough..THANKS girl!.. Yours is so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete